Hello RAMS Families,
Welcome to the ‘22-’23 school year. I am excited and blessed to serve you as your principal. At RAMS we believe in our students and will do whatever it takes to help them reach their full academic and personal potential.
I am not afraid to say that we love our students at RAMS. By this, I mean we want the same for our students that we want for our own children. This means that we teach, model, support, encourage, push, discipline, and forgive.
At RAMS, we will provide a safe, positive and caring environment that helps all students develop the foundational skills to succeed in high school and beyond with the goal of becoming critical thinkers. We will establish positive relationships with our students to let them know we are here for them, and we will support them in their educational and developmental journey. We will become one of the best middle schools in the country, and we will have fun in the process.
We look forward to partnering with you and your child.
Roseville Area Middle School
RAMS Back to School Night: August 31
All students and families are invited and encouraged to attend our 2022 Back To School Night at RAMS from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 31. The evening will be an open-house format. Please click here to see the RAMS Back to School Night information that you will be given when you pick up your student’s Back to School Packet in the New Gym!
In an attempt to accommodate everyone, please use Abbott’s parking lot across the street from RAMS as our overflow parking.
No schedules will be sent home prior to Back To School Night. Please plan to pick up your student’s schedule at RAMS on Wednesday, August 31 or view them online StudentVue or ParentVue (see page 9-10 of the Back to School Handbook for more details).
Things to do:
- Pick-up Your Back to School Packet that includes your students:
- iPad (7th grade and new 8th grade students only)
- ParentVue/Schoology Login information
- iPad help sheets
- Get Your School Picture Taken
- Purchase School Locks (Locks cost $12.00/pair for new locks or $1.00 each for used locks.)
- Find Your Classes & Meet Your Teachers
- Find Your Hall Locker
- Update Contact or Health Information (optional)
- Sign up for Synergy/Parent Vue (optional)
- Register for Athletics (optional)
- Purchase Raider Gear - Phy Ed T-shirts - $9.00 a T-Shirt (optional)
- Pre-Order Yearbooks (optional)
School pictures can be taken in the upper gym during the Back to School Night. All students must have their school picture taken for our school database. Students are not required to purchase a school picture package, but if you would like to purchase a package you can bring the form from the back to school mailer or click here to be redirected to the Lifetouch site and place your order online. The Picture Day ID for RAMS is: EVTCNBQXG
RAMS iPad Information
CLICK HERE for more info on RAMS 1:1 Digital Learning with iPads.
Click here if you are interested in purchasing a 2022-2023 Yearbook.
Nutrition Services: Free Meals for All Are Ending
Our school nutrition staff looks forward to welcoming students back to school! We will continue serving healthy school meals to fuel our students for success. During the pandemic, federal waivers allowed schools to offer free meals to all students. Those waivers expired on June 30th, we now must charge families for meals unless they apply for and are approved to receive meal benefits. Households will need to complete an Application for Educational Benefits to see if they qualify for no-cost meals.
Fill Out the Application for Educational Benefits
We implore ALL families to fill out the Application for Educational Benefits form (previously called Free/Reduced Meal Application) EVERY year. This form determines funding for your child’s school and provides direct benefits for your child if you qualify. Benefits include funding for:
- Social workers, paraprofessionals and counselors
- Decreased student to instructor ratios
- Increased technology (at home Internet discounts)
- Waived fees for athletics, testing and transportation for your child
Each year a new application for Educational Benefits and Free/Reduced price meals needs to be completed. These completed forms not only provide meal benefits but can help RAMS get crucial funding.
- A new application must be completed EACH YEAR.
- Applications can be completed online at https://family.titank12.com/ or you can request a paper copy. You can fill out a new form any time your family’s income changes.
- Paper applications can be returned to the RAMS Office or mailed to Nutrition Services at the District Center, 1251 West County Road B2, Roseville, MN 55113
- This form not only determines benefits for students and families such as no-cost meals at school but also provides free bus cards, discounted internet service, discounted/no-cost early childhood classes and scholarships for summer camps and childcare centers, discounted field trips, standardized test fee waivers, and sports team scholarships and fee waivers.
- Educational Benefits also impacts your school’s funding and the district’s budget including state and federal dollars that may be used for administration, social workers, family liaisons, and more! The results of these applications are crucial to funding for things like Title 1, compensatory revenue, and summer and non-school day meals.
In addition this can afford your school money for family engagement, early childhood programs, professional development opportunities for staff, direct instructional services, remedial instruction services in reading, language arts, mathematics, study skills, additional teachers and teacher aides, lower instructor to learner ratios, out of school time programming, instructional materials, digital learning, truancy reduction programs, bilingual and bicultural programs, and all-day kindergarten.
First Day of School
- First day of school for 7th graders ONLY is Tuesday, September 6.
- 8th graders will join the 7th graders on Wednesday, September 7.
RAMS Back-to-School Handbook
Important information about RAMS is located in our Back to School Handbook. This booklet will be mailed home but we encourage you to read it now as it has important and timely communication. It will also be available on the RAMS website. Please note that the copy you will receive in the mail will be in booklet format. The copy linked here is in page by page format so click on the document to open and download it.
Athletics & Activities
Registration for fall sports is now open. All students who would like to play a sport through the school must have a sports physical on file. You can find more information on the 7-8 Athletics/Activities page. Please reach out to RAMS Athletic Director Tanysha Scott with any questions you may have at 651-482-5290.
There is no deadline for signing up for a fall sport, but the start dates for each fall activity are listed below. The coach of each activity will be providing more detailed information a week before the activity begins.
|Fall Sports||Start Date||Fees|
|7/8 Football||Sept. 8 at 3 p.m.||$110|
|7/8 Girls Volleyball||Sept. 8 at 3 p.m.||$110|
|7/8 Boys/Girls Soccer||Sept. 8 at 3 p.m.||$110|
|7/8 Girls Tennis||Sept. 8 at 3 p.m.||$110|
Swimming & Diving
- 3 inch 3-ring Binder (Zipper Binder Preferred)
- 8 Tab Dividers
- 1 Pack Loose Leaf Paper
- Up to 4 notebook (3 ring punched)
- Science 7 & 8
- World Language 8 (notebook or use Notability on iPad)
- Industrial Technology (7 & 8)
- 2 Boxes of Tissues (for STAR class)
- Tri Fold Poster Board (Soc. Studies 8) – Needed by Nov 2022
- 24 Pencils
- 10 Pens (Black/Blue)
- Pencil Sharpener
- Pencil Pouch
- Colored Pencils
- Wired Earbuds
- Phy Ed Clothing
*Students are required to wear the following clothes for Phy Ed class:
- Athletic/Tennis Shoes
- Athletic Shorts, Sweatpants or Yoga Pants
- 1 yard Fabric cotton/cotton blend (optional for FACS-7)
- Intermediate Algebra & Geometry: OPTIONAL or for at home use: A Graphing calculator (TI 83 or TI 84)
- All other math classes: TI-30XS Multiview Scientific Calculator
*The Phy-Ed Department will be selling t-shirts at Back To School Night for $9.00 per t-shirt or 2 for $17. These shirts are optional. Students may order Raider sweatshirts and sweatpants later this fall. CLICK HERE to purchase online as well.
(T-Shirts ordered online will be given to students during their physical education class the first week of school.)
Changes for the 2022-2023 School Year
Do you have any changes to your phone, address, email address? Will you be moving over the summer? Will your student NOT be attending RAMS or RAHS next year as originally planned? Please contact Janelle Gunderson via email or phone @ 651-482-5288 to make those changes ASAP.
RAMS Summer Office Hours
The RAMS Office will be open Monday-Thursday from now until school starts on Tuesday, September 6. RAMS Office is closed on Friday's during the summer. Please email RAMS Building Secretary, Linsey Owen, or call 651-482-5284 with questions. During the month of August Linsey is often away from her desk working in other parts of the building in preparation for the school year. Thank you for your patience as we get RAMS ready for the school to begin in September.